Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Unloved by Jennifer Snyder


Title : The Unloved
Author : Jennifer Snyder
Format : ebook
Publication Date : July 30th 2012
Synopsis : click me
Review :

"We were the unloved - you by your mom and me by my dad - and now it's our time to finally be loved." - Nick

Jules and Nick are both victims. Who wants to have an alcoholic father that has a habit to beat the shit out of you and your mother when he got drunk? And who wishes to have a mother a.k.a stripper that has an addiction in pills? Clearly not every single person in this world.

Can you imagine to live your life like that? I feel bad for them instantly after I read the first page. It feels so horrible just to think about it. Jules and Nick are best friends since like forever and when Nick decided to leave for good, it just broke Jules' heart like she just lost one of her wings.

"I felt like my soul had been killed while my body remained alive."

But life must go on. Jules tries to stay off the spotlight so her mother's boyfriends don't notice her as a 'meal'. And Nick had worked really hard to build up muscles and everything just to make the score even with his Dad. But who knows what life will bring right? Nick had come back, to his mom and Jules. But how will Jules react towards his coming?

Well, at last, two is better than one right? Maybe we have friends, families, and all. But at the end, we always need someone other than friends to comfort us, to enlighten our days in a different way as how we are always doing with our friends,etc.

"It's my heart to break; I'll be the one to decide if I want to risk it or not."


"The Unloved" is good and heartbreaking at the same time. I can find the honesty in this book. Like all that the author wrote was as real as it sounded. Rape, bullying, and violence - it's so sad to know that the one who did it was the one who you think might protect you from all of it. It annoys me a bit when I don't know Cole's fate after being left so easily by Jules and Nick. I mean, 'you are not possibly want him to be the next 'Jules' right?

To completely know what I mean by saying those words, you need to read it yourself :) :)

Rating : 3.5/5
I put 4 on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment