Sunday, January 24, 2016

Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3) - Jennifer L Armentrout


Title : Every Last Breath
Author : Jennifer L.Armentrout
Publisher : Harlequin Teen
Date of Publication : July 28th 2015
Synopsis : Every Last Breath
Review :

"Don't apologize," he was quick to say. "Don't ever apologize to me. I don't regret anything that happened between us. Not a moment."

So if the last two books were telling how demons and wardens were old enemies, this time they teamed up against the public enemy no 1, The Lilin. Lilin has killed many souls, including Layla's best friend's, not only killed them, but consumed their souls so it could easily changing its face to any of the souls that he has taken cruelly. Layla couldn't just stand there and do nothing while Lilin won't stop its moves until it could free their mother, Lilith. 

On the process, Zayne almost get killed when he was 'too close' with Layla, and she won't allow it to happen again. She has loved him since she was just a kid. He was everything that she could think about when it comes to a man. But destiny has brought Roth to Layla's life. This time Layla has to choose between the love of her life Zayn or Roth, the Crown Prince of Hell that made her couldn't sleep all night.

"I don't think you understand what it means a demon falls in love, Layla. It doesn't go away. It doesn't fade, even if we want it to. We love until death. That's not just something we say. We love and we love once and it's forever. No matter what. And that's a bit twisted if you think about it, but luckily you feel the same way, so this isn't awkward. You feel me?"
There is no surprise that I'm on Roth's team. The more sarcastic he is, the more love I have for him. It's not just because he has that boyfriend material, but he is someone that will go through Hell to be with Layla, and he has proved it. So both of them are perfect for each other. Let's not mess it up :D

"I'm pissed off because I love you, Layla, and the idea of losing you fucking terrifies me!" "
And I wasn't going to chance losing you! Because I love you, you annoying, self-important and overcontrolling--"

I like pretty much all the characters except for Lilin, of course. Cayman is a very funny guy but loyal to Roth, Stacey is a strong girl and such a best friend to Layla, and Bambi, I'm going to miss Bambi so muchhhh. Later you will find out what Bambi actually is. <3

This is a trilogy finale and I am so sad this book has come to an end. It was very enjoyable and quick reading. And I found myself still awake in the middle of the night reading the book just to kill my curiosity on how the story would end. It thrills me, intrigues me and freaks the hell outta me ;__;
I couldn't say i'm a fan of the cover but who cares? I love this book enough that even bad cover won't matter. I'm quite surprised when I read reviews on Goodreads and many reviewers were disappointed by its story. Pros and cons are inevitable, of course. But JLA is my forever favorite author, and whatever she writes has always turned out very good to me. Je vous aime, Jen!

"It's him. It's always been him."




No comments:

Post a Comment