Saturday, March 8, 2014

Needing Her (From Ashes #1.5) - Molly McAdams

Title : Needing Her
Series : From Ashes
Author : Molly McAdams
Synopsis : Needing Her
Review :

This is gonna be a very short review. I've ever read one of Molly's books Taking Chances and was left quite like the book. So I felt so much enthusiastic to read another book of hers. Then I found Needing Her. I should have known that this book is a novella and should've read From Ashes (book #1) first. Well, to be honest, I'm not a fan of Needing Her, not sure about From Ashes though. 

Maci Price finds herself so difficult to get into a real relationship while she lives among her four insanely protective brothers. Unfortunately, she might have fallen for her annoying yet charming neighbor Connor Green, who is known as a detective and her brothers' best friend as well. Problems are Maci's brothers would never allow her to date him and Connor is too afraid to love her because of his dark past. 

"We drive each other crazy." 
"I like our kind of crazy."
"We're always fighting."
"As long as it's you I'm fighting with."


The heroine cursed too much my ears hurt. I get that she was raised among protective brothers who cursed a lot but that doesn't necessarily means she should use the same language as they are. The storyline was okay. But the problem is I couldn't connect with any of the characters. None of them were catching my attention, neither the main characters nor the supporting characters. Good thing is I didn't do skimming, I actually read it. 



"If you wanna change, then change. But do it because it's what you want for you and your life, not because other people have made you feel like you need to."

No comments:

Post a Comment